Intuit Adds LinkedIn CEO to Board of Directors: A More Social Intuit?
News just broke that Intuit has added Jeff Weiner, chief executive officer of LinkedIn, to its board of directors. At ProOnGo, we’re big fans of both LinkedIn and Intuit, so the news naturally led us to think of the ways in which this change could be beneficial to both companies. We have no inside information, and we don’t know Jeff personally, but our creative juices are flowing about ways that we’d love to see Intuit and LinkedIn work better together:
- In QuickBooks Customer Center, how about a way to import customers from their LinkedIn profiles, rather than manually typing in their company info?
- In Intuit’s Community Forums, how about showing some LinkedIn profile info, next to posts from ProAdvisors. When we’re taking advice from ProAdvisors on the forums, it helps to know more about their level of expertise, and professional experience.
- In the setup steps for a LinkedIn Company Page, if you fill out a company profile but fail to list a website, how about suggesting Intuit Websites (www.Intuit.com/websites) as a way to get up-and-running with a company website tout de suite.
- How about some real “Data for Delight” – let QuickBooks users add their open positions in QuickBooks Customer Center, and add an easy way to automagically create a LinkedIn Job Posting?
- Put that cool, recognizable, “in” logo (you know, the square-ish one), next to any name of a customer or vendor, in QuickBooks Online Edition.
We know that adding Jeff to the board of Intuit probably has nothing to do with these kind of product-level changes, but hey, we couldn’t resist sharing our ideas of how LinkedIn and Intuit could work “better together”. What ideas do you have?